Biking in PlaP

Biking in PlaP
Erin Owens and grampa Kennedy

Followers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

saturday the 8th of January 2011

Hey, nice day today.
Ran the Old By-Pass at 11:30a.m.
Lots of Hoarfroast on the trees this morning.
-13*C and calm.

I wasn't overdressed. A bit underdressed; but I prefer it to being overdressed. You get that stuffed, restricted, overheated feeling when you've got too much on. It's kind of a hard call sometimes as to what to put on and what not to put on.

This morning I had a longsleeve upper base layer, a short sleeve hemp t-shirt over that and then my shell. On the bottom 1/2 I had those impact socks (up to the knees), a regular pair of runningshoe socks over that. And a pair of Nike fit dry running pants (no long underwear). I had a double knit toque and tube to cover my neck and chin. I was underdressed and I could sure feel it for the first mile. The cold penetrated into the shoulders and arms as well as the front quads and knees. Any kind of head wind would have done me in. Actually, I wouln't go out there if there was any wind. However, after the first mile, I warmed up and was running very comfortable.

The best thing to run in, we all know, is shorts and a t-shirt, but that aín't going to happen here for a bit.
So, get out there, bundle up and keep give 'en 'er.

A large glass of water after the wwinn 5k


gk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WENT FOR A SNOW SHOE AT LUNCH TODAY, WAS REALLY NICE OUT, DID THE LOOP AT THE MUSEUM. HOPE TO GO TO GLAD LAKE TOMORROW. AFTERNOON AT WORK GOES BY FASTER WHEN I EXERCISE AT LUNCH...