Biking in PlaP

Biking in PlaP
Erin Owens and grampa Kennedy

Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April the 13th, 2011

Hi there:

Back at 'er.

Did the Poplar Avenue Loop this morning. It was deja vu - just like wintertime; like -10*C at 10 to 7a.m. I had a toque, tube, mitts, all the winter running gear on. The only thing different was that at 10 to 7a.m. it was daylight.

I never ran much over the winter. Very little. In fact, I took in way more calories than I burned. Consequently, I'm paying for it now. I'm a good 10 pounds over my running weight and my speed is, well, it's not speed. Like starting at mile zero.

But anyway, I'm going to get back into it. Today was my first Poplar Avenue run (which is 3.47 miles). Last week I went out and did two laps in the Legion Park in the mornings. I ran at 11a.m.; I thought I'd try that time slot and it was good. But, there is so much daylight now in the mornings that I'm thinking I'll go back to running first thing in the morning. I sort of like that spot as the run gets done right off the hop and the rest of the day is free. Come June, there will be so much daylight before 8a.m. that one could run at 4 or 5 a.m. and still be in daylight. Might as well take advantage of that while it's with us. January and February are pretty black running times, even at 8a.m.

Maybe see you out there sometime.

This summer, we can do the Rodeo run again 5k/10k. And, I'd like to do a trail run behind Glad Lake and up Corpanicus Hill sometime. (Dan Fawcett has done this and he says it's a good one). Any other runs that you might have in mind? Let us know and we can put word out on the blog.


Have a good one and a good 2011 summertime coming up,
Keep give'n'er,
gk

No comments: